RSS Feed


Weddings & Blessings after a Civil Marriage

Getting married in church is a very special event, not only are a couple beginning their new life together before their families and friends, but also God's blessing is sought for this new couple.

Both of our churches host weddings and we strive to make your "big day" personal for you.

Because we believe that Christian marriage is special we will arrange to meet with you at Wedding at St. Andrewsleast twice before your wedding day. In addition we run a marriage preparation day in the early spring and there will be a rehearsal, usually the evening before your wedding.

Of course because we are churches and not just a venue there may be restrictions and limitations upon aspects of the service that you might want, or upon dates and timing, but all that can be discussed and arranged when you meet with the minister.

How far in advance should you book the church? Well, some people book with just a few months to go and  some with several years in hand, but we do ask that whenever you book, you provide a £50 deposit to secure your date and time.

People often have questions about how much the full fees are or if a church wedding is still possible if they have been married before, or if they would like a Blessing after a Civil Marriage.  Please use the Contact Us page to get in touch with any questions you may have.

More information on weddings in general is available from the Church of England's website.

wedding couple outside St. Andrews

Do I qualify to Marry at St. Andrew's or St. Michael's?

An engaged couple are welcome to be married in church in a parish if just one of these applies:   

  • one of them was baptised or prepared for confirmation in the parish;
  • one of them has ever lived in the parish for six months or more;
  • one of them has at any time regularly attended public worship in the parish for six months or more;
  • one of their parents has lived in the parish for six months or more in their child’s lifetime;
  • one of their parents has regularly attended public worship there for six months or more in their child’s lifetime;
  • their parents or grandparents were married in the parish.
     (All of these refer to Church of England services)

If you do not meet one of these requirements then it may still be possible; please get in touch to explore the possibilities. 

Special Licences

If you have been in contact with the church and you have been advised to obtain a Special Licence in order to proceed with your marriage, then please follow the link below to the Faculty Office of the Church of England to obtain an application form for the relevant licence.

The Faculty Office

Banns of Marriage Application

Wedding order of Service Text

Dedication Order of Service Text

Powered by Church Edit